Current Support Groups
- New American Heroes, meeting at the Wilkes-Barre YMCA at 40B West Northampton Street on the second Monday of each month from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Joan Gower is the facilitator and can be reached at 570-401-9815 or by email at email@example.com
- Pittston Memorial Library, meeting at the library the fourth Monday of each month at 12:00pm. Contact is Howard Grossman who may be reached at 570-262-3443 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Loftus-Vergari Associates, Inc. at 25 Old River Road in Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702. Meets the third Tuesday of the month from 10:30am to 12:30pm. Must register ahead of time by calling 570-822-9706. Facilitator is Cynara Wattley Liburd. The group is called LVA Resource Parent Support Group. Email is email@example.com.
- Grand Love, meeting at the Wayne Memorial Hospital in the David Katz Conference Room during the months of April through November. These meetings are twice a month on the first and third Thursdays at 6:00pm. December through March the meetings are once monthly. The contact is Allyson Pretty-Hopkin, Care Coordinator at the Honesdale Sterling and Waymart Pediatric Centers. She may be contacted at 570-253-5838 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are two groups in Lackawanna County. Parents: A Second Time Support Group. Are you an older adult raising children of a family member? You’re not alone…join us at a monthly support group to hear similar situations that others are experiencing while we entertain your children. Learn about potential resources, community programs, services, and agencies that can provide connections, guidance, and peer support to older persons living with, caring for and parenting the children of loved ones.
CaPAA at the Ritz – 222 Wyoming Ave. – Scranton, PA 18503 – Meet the 2nd Monday of every month from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Throop Civic Center – 500 Sanderson St – Throop, PA 18512 – Meet the 4th Monday of every month from 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
To get more information or reply to attend a group, please contact the Lackawanna County Area Agency on Aging at 570-963-6740, or email PAST@lackawannacounty.org
- Behavioral Health Associates in Carbon County holds a Support Group for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren. For more information on this group please Terry Berger, Clinical Director at 610-379-9304. This is a closed group running 10 weeks. Members have the option of renewing again at the end of those 10 weeks.
Behavioral Health Associates – 413 Bridge Street – Weissport, PA 18235